Thursday, February 25, 2010

no you can't think!

Julia and I got in an argument in the car. So ridiculous.

It disintegrated to the point… well I told her she was wrong and stop saying things that aren’t true. She said, “I can still THINK it.”

I forbid her: “No, you can’t. You stop thinking things that are wrong.”

Get this: We were arguing about an ambulance and a firetruck. She said they were chasing a robber. That’s not it. They’re going to an emergency.

Julia: "No, they’re chasing a robber."

Grrr. “No they’re not. Ambulances do not chase robbers and neither do firetrucks.”

“Well I say they do.”

That’s when I told her to stop saying things that are just straight up not true, and she told me she could still THINK it. I forbid the child to think.

Oh yeah. I been at this 30 years. You think I’d improve? Apparently not. This sounds exactly like the kind of dumbness John and I used to argue about back in the day. We used to scrap like siblings. What's my excuse now? (Where did I put my dignity anyway?) Aww, gosh, it makes me laugh.

Here's the cute kid herself, amusing her nephew early this morning, and probably madly thinking all sorts of untrue things, but I hope also true ones like that she's a nut we love most dearly.

I probably should tell her I was crabby yesterday and of course nobody can tell her what to THINK, for heaven's sake. That's going too far.




Oh, and this: These are the pictures she left for us on our pillows to surprise us Monday afternoon, very fancy pictures. love, Val

1 comment:

  1. I love this post, it made me laugh! Val - agent of the thought police. lol

    I love the very fancy pictures, too. Great lips!

    ReplyDelete