Tuesday, February 2, 2010

a very good night


Kirsten took this picture of Kari, and for the record, Kari's a very patient girl...

Kirsten's car? The mechanic finally called tonight about 7. It's the fuel pump! It's a straightforward problem with straightforward solution. Whew. That car is so twitchy and glitchy, it makes us incredibly nervous whenever it acts up. But this we can handle. I was so relieved I felt like kissing the mechanic, doing a little dance.

Kirby was here for supper, and of course there was the usual weirdness.

Kari's chapstick was on the shelf over the dryer, and when she opened it up? Teethmarks. She was so disgusted. "Someone is constantly biting my blue chapstick! Do you know how much I hate this? I know it's Julia. Nobody else would do it."

So we called her to the kitchen. "Did you bite this blue chapstick?"

"No! No I did not!" The serious shake of the head, wide eyes. She and Kari have the same color eyes (five of the kids have that color, actually) that greenish, grayish, brownish color, same as the ocean on a cloudy day.

Then the eyes rolled to the ceiling and she giggled.

Busted.

"Julia."

"It waaasn't meeee!"

I said, "You're supposed to smoothen it on your lips, never bite it. You hear me?" Again with the innocent eyes.

So we asked Tim. He looked completely baffled. "Why would I eat chapstick?"

I said, "Well, WHOEVER bit it had better not do it ever again. It's not good for you. It'll give you diarrhea."

(This is untrue, but the other kids thought it was a nice touch. Julia looked over her shoulder at me when I said it.)

Kirsten also brought over a pile of photos for me, prints she'd had made. Here are a couple fun ones:


Joe and l.c. The baby likes him a lot, and Joe teases Heidi that HE gets more hugs than she does. She says he's a liar. Gosh, he looks in pain.


heidi, a big time baby hugger from way back


jay and james


a kid i like, not one of mine, who is turning 17 today.

Happy Birthday, Honey. love, val

No comments:

Post a Comment