Tuesday, February 9, 2010

making valentines



The party at preschool is on Thursday, so we gotta be ready. We managed, even though the construction paper I was sure we had was gone and we couldn't find any of those little paper doilies. We had some. I dunno where they went. These turned out fine anyway. It was fun.



Tonight I went grocery shopping. Sounds simple, I know, but I haven't been there since January 22nd because of my back. Well, it's better! It sounds ridiculous, but it was so fun to be there and pick up groceries. The little kids ahead of me in line were adorable. I bought almonds and cottage cheese, hummus--stuff nobody in the house but me wants anything to do with. I got them their favorites too. (Pop tarts on sale: $1.88. Little Jay loves those.)

Now I told them to pick up toys and they howled. As soon as I left the dining room, they made their escape and beat it upstairs. Oh yeah. They think I'm dumb, but I'm not. I've known kids before. Time to fleece them out of the upstairs and get this place straightened up.

In other good news, Tim's little Nintendo DS went through the WASHING MACHINE. Oh, I was so sad when I plucked it from the washer, dripping water. Awwww. Ohhh. Wow. Well.... it's back to life tonight! Pretty nice.

When something goes right for no particular reason, we say, "God threw us a biscuit." When Kari heard about Tim's DS, she said, "Yeah, it's kind of like that time the top flew off the maraca when I was playing it and you thought the clock was broke." She raised her eyebrows and nodded at me. "You were ticked."

I was. Who plays a maraca so violently that the end flies off and hits the clock? Good grief.

It turned out the battery had only been knocked loose. The clock was fine. Yep, a biscuit.

Oh, here's a mom tip. We pick up three times a day--before lunch, before supper, and before bed. Everybody helps. It keeps the place from sliding into too much of a heap most of the time. The directive is--everyone should pick up anything that has anything to do with them AND two things that don't.

Okay, time to get to work, wrap up this night. love, Val

2 comments:

  1. You were ticked! That's a great one, lol :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I love hummus, cottage cheese and almonds and typically get them to myself too. Gotta love a snack that will be there when you actually want to eat it!

    What gorgeous valentines and valentine creators! :0) Have fun at the party!

    ReplyDelete