Friday, January 14, 2011

okay, here we are


In the middle of the night of the five day sleepover.

Uncle Tim is asleep and t.c. is beside him on his Pokemon pillow.

l.c. is snoozing in the bright fuschia pack and play bed.

It took Jay and me several minutes of fiddling to get the baby monitor to work. Contraptions! Technology! What's wrong with babies that they can't yell loud enough to be heard? (What kind of dreamers are these parents, they think they baby won't cry loud enough to hear?)

Well, l.c. most definitely doesn't have a loud voice, and we do NOT want him crying and scared. We've got the monitor next to our heads.

Plus, Sam is there. She always has to sleep next to the baby. When b.g. is here, she throws herself down next to the big red couch while he naps. Right now, she's pressed tightly against l.c.'s bed, next to t.c. and Tim.

Today t.c. and Tim played in the snow for hours, and t.c. pounded on the door and came in yelling for me to come pull patio furniture out of the snowbank. I can't do that! Who could?

Little Jay?

You go ask him.

He ran upstairs in his boots, covered in snow, even to the hat.

Shortly, Little Jay was in the kitchen going, "What do you want me to do? Show me the chair?"

In a minute he came back inside, successful. I asked him about it. His response? "The hell if I know. He's happy."


Here they are with the play doh. When I nibbled l.c.'s neck on each side, asking, "Are you my sweetie?" kiss, kiss, he'd grin and giggle. Other side, "Are you my sweetie?" kiss, kiss.


He's delectable.

Onward to Saturday. love, Val

1 comment:

  1. WHAT is going on? Are Dan and Alicia gone away? I don't remember this! how are you doing??
    Love R
    xo

    ReplyDelete