Tuesday, January 18, 2011

well, they've gone home now


And it's very, very quiet.

First it was very, very loud, and a very lot of chow mein was eaten.

this was saturday, not today, thankfully

l.c. was My Sweetie for the last five days. He hugged, he told little jokes, was thoroughly charming. He took exactly one nap in five days, didn't cry, was completely Mr. Mild.

And then his mom showed up and he was pissed. I'm sure he was mad they left. He was mad when John dropped him off, but rebounded quickly, played with the kids, or found me or someone else to carry him around when he wanted that. He talks, so it isn't hard to figure out what he wants.

She came in and it was like one continuous fit. "Don't put me down, but I'm going to make your life miserable." For Dannell, who had been missing her Sweetie, this was terrible. She missed him. She adores him. She left him with his flippin' GRANDPARENTS for crying out loud, not in a baby boot camp. And he's mad. And he's going to make her pay.


Sigh. Hopefully he'll recover quickly.

When t.c. heard they were coming to pick them up, and I said how happy he'd be to see them, he said, "Yeah, but why do they have to come back TODAY?"

I'm glad he had a good time.

Now it's time for bed, back to reality, I guess. Fourth quarter taxes are next on the list, and then wrapping up the year. Onward, 2011 has arrived. love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment