Monday, November 7, 2011

it's officially tuesday

 Yes, it is, and here are pictures from Monday.   The weekend flew past.  Saturday night was an anniversary party for friends, Sunday I hosted a property open house after church, and after that we cleaned up the leaves and dog crap in the back yard. 

This is a funny story: The house of the open house? Gorgeous, old, fun.  The kitchen is described as a "European kitchen."   It does have a very European tone, true. But a guy came to look at the house and sneered, "European kitchen? This can't be a good thing. I'm European and Americans think anything European is good.   A kitchen is NOT."

I laughed. The kitchen is petite with a unique floor plan, and some challenges.  I'd be willing to try cooking in it though.

In the evening, Jay and I worked together in the office to pull paperwork together and made good progress.   There are no pictures.  But that's probably for the best--except for the anniversary party.

That was a lot of fun.  Plus it was daylight savings, so we didn't even stay up too late, just erased an entire hour.

 This is the little girl this morning, doing what she does.

 Those are Julia's old cupcake shoes on her feet, and they're just as excellent now as they were then.

Here are some kids trying to work.  I was crabby this morning and yelled when they got to arguing.  Kids BICK-ER and it drives me nuts, always has.

A long time ago, my mom commented that my kids don't fight like we did when we were kids.  I told her the truth:  Yes, they do.  I have just driven it underground. They fight, just not around me. 

Julia was cross, with the little attitude, even though she didn't have to do anything. No requests or demands were being made of her.  So why are you here, acting ornery?  Go do whatever the heck you want.

I told her to put the workbook in her drawer.  I'm not doing this.   (She's so far ahead she could skip school until next year--which is the good part--it's all optional)   Forget it.

Sigh.

I hate it when my baby annoys me, and she hates it too.  In a little while she decided she did want to work on words after all. 

WHATEVER!  Do it or don't!!!  Just be happy.

Grrrrr, (showing teeth.)  I can't stand it. This is why I can't watch Everybody Loves Raymond, even though it's a funny show, apparently.  To me, it's just a family treating each other badly, and that's terrible.

 Anyway, they have ceased treating each other badly here. 

And not too long after this my MOTHER showed up to keep care of them,  particularly p.j., when I had to go work.  My mother, aka. Grandma is like a balm to any cranky day.    She had a Tupperware thing of rice krispy bars in her arm, and hugs for everybody, and thank the goodness for her. (I love you, Mom.)

Onward, Kids.

Love you all so much,  MOM

2 comments:

  1. Look how beautiful they all are, Val. They are all Just So Beautiful! And a Grandma with Ricecrispy treats?! That is the good life!

    Okay, but I think someone needs to see about that doll trapped in the cabinet behind P.J. I'm not certain but she might be plotting evil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that when I look at pictures of your kids too--how beautiful they are.

    That doll, Suzy Two Steps, American Character doll 1966? She was a bribe. My parents paid me off. If I'd endure my kindergarten physical without a holy fury I could pick out any toy I wanted. She's never plotted any evil that I know of, lol. But *I* was probably a bit of a brat. love, Val

    ReplyDelete