Thursday, November 10, 2011

just a whole lot of quiet

Nothing much going on around here this week.  Jay and I have been working a lot.  The kids are too.

Just a whole lotta quiet, and now it's dark so early and today was kind of a dark day to start with.  Ahh, November, you gloomy devil.

But we've got this peanut in the high chair to keep us company.


And this guy on piano.  Now that he can balance on the bench without creating a personal hazard, he really likes messing around with this thing.

They had the Lego track going.

Math:

And a long-winded story from Julia about a terrible child who told LIES.  "Can you believe that, Mom?"

Well, not hardly, but I have heard of children who tell lies.  Sometimes they don't mean to and sometimes they do.

The ambiguity of that kind of paused her for a minute, and she speculated on lies a person might tell without meaning to--and lies that it might be a good idea to tell, like if a bad guy wanted to know where your friend was.

Oh yes, it's a complicated world.

But not around here, not today.



Tim ran across the old brio train set in the drawers of  the train table he now uses for Legos.  My mother and father in law gave this, little by little, over many Christmases and birthdays, to James and Tim.  Tim took a bin downstairs and brought up a load of it to amuse b.g.   He was delighted.





After the babies went home, I sewed Maria's curtains. We started working on the room last spring, and plagued by indecision, we stopped.   Well, this week we got decisive, ordered some rugs and sewed the curtains.   After several disappointing shopping trips looking for things like polka dots and flowered prints, we gave up and went with white and bought orange to tie the sides back.  It works.

We hung the pictures up and it's good.      I had an email today that the rugs have been shipped.

So in a day or two they'll be here, and the room is ready.


Oh, and finally this:


Yesterday I bought fabric to sew b.g.'s little brother a couple blankets. The last thing they need in that house is more blankets, and yet this guy should have a couple that are special for him.

When John and Dannell were expecting their second child, I couldn't imagine loving another baby like I did t.c.


(Yes, I know.)

And then, magically I DID. Who could help but love l.c., I realize.


So, in January, we get to do this again, and again in April, and I understand multipliers and exponents and how they relate to love.   And tomorrow I'm sewing blankys for a boy I'm going to love like heck.  ( I kind of already do.)

b.g. and me a while back

love you all so, Grandma, aka Mom

3 comments:

  1. Oh, love the orange room! My favorite color and the chandelier is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Jody gave us the comforter and chandelier and was the inspiration for the whole thing. Glad you like it too! love, Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this today and I don't know... it made me cry. Oh Val, this whole Michelle thing has got me in a tizzy. I think maybe I want to stay home with my babies. But I'm scared too.

    ReplyDelete