Tuesday, November 8, 2011

what we found in the cabinet

Look at that face.  He liked it!

It's an old Thomas the Train puzzle thing of alphabet cards that fit together with pictures of Thomas characters.  He knew them all, even obscure ones like Bertie and Mavis.  I was impressed.  Plus it's so fun to listen to his tiny voice say, "Percy!"

It's always after I take a picture I notice grubby faces.  However, grubby faces are quite harmless.



Here he's pointing them all out on the floor.  Julia helped put it together. Nice work, Buddy.

Oh yes, and her. Lunch is soooo funny.  Or maybe it's her auntie who is funny.

I put away the Halloween place mats and considered making Thanksgiving ones for some kind of art project.  Maybe I'll ask them and see what they think.   If they have ideas we can do it, but I have no ideas.

Anyway, for now I grabbed these educational place mats and some strange cartoons ones and slapped them on the table.

Well.

Who knew kids cared this much about the planets?  I did not, never have.  They've been writing and erasing all day.  You go, kids.

I know it, p.j., they're weird!   But so are youuuu!  Kids are crazy, and am I ever glad.

Last week one night Julia was going on about something and kept pausing with that outrageous squealy laughter of hers, and Tim was there too, with his stupid wisecracks, and I asked Jay, "What are we going to do when they get civilized and we have no more wild little squirrels around?"

He laughed, "I know where we can borrow some."

Oh, yeah.   love you all so, Mom, aka Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment