Friday, November 18, 2011

the helicopter thingy

They're watching Tim get ready to fly it now.   It was a gift from his birthday, and it's a very cool little trinket, reminds me of a hummingbird.

Can you see it?  It's a little blue thing in front of the middle window curtain.

There it goes!
Now it's in the air in front of Tim's left arm.


"Gramma!  Look it!"
Okay, no more kisses. Tim for lunch.

And time for a little math.


When I take a picture, he often ignores me entirely, but then he runs to see the picture.  I held out my arm and took this--like those fun smiles?   He immediately grabbed my hand to turn the camera around to see.

No idea what they're discussing here.


There it is in front of the clock, right in the center.

We're told it can't actually be landed properly because Heidi's dog bit off the landing gear, got all crazy chasing after it and CHOMP.


Here are a few pictures from the library today.

We've been feeling very cooped up this week, and I'm sure it's because it's so cold we can't really hang around outside like we used to spend the afternoons doing.  The kids go out and ride bikes now and then for a little while, but it's too cold for babies.

So we went to Target and bought Lydia and Julia some new jeans because theirs all had worn out knees.

We got distracted in the shoe aisle and p.j. ended up with a couple pair of shoes--little leopard print mary janes, and a pair of glittery tennis shoes.   Then we had to get out of there before got even more carried away.

The kids enjoyed the library so much last week they've asked every day if we can go, and this was a perfect low-key way to get out of the house for a while.


p.j. was very interested in a little boy baby, kept crawling after him, and he kept looking nervous and going the other way. He was a tall baby with a big bald head, reminded me of  Little Jay when he was about a year and a half old.



This alligator in the swamp caught me by surprise.

But not as much as this on the kitchen table did. 

Goodness Barbie. 

I'm shocked. This is like that time I found G.I. Joe in your bed.  

Is Ken aware?  You two might want to seek some counseling with Bob the Nudist.

And that brings us to now, to the end of a fine Friday.

I can hear my plumber plunging the bathroom sink. I know it's just a futile attempt to avoid having to take the trap apart, but this sink quit draining pretty abruptly.

It's not like some slowing of the drain. This is different. There's something in there, like a straw or a plastic knife.

Onward to Saturday, with love always, Val

2 comments:

  1. Ken the nudist AGAIN??? That baby is getting SO big! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's actually BOB the Nudist. Ken is a different guy.

    And Barbie, you never know where that girl will turn up, lol. love, V

    ReplyDelete