Friday, April 19, 2013

snow woman

When we came home, I saw the weight of the snow on bushes and trees all along the block.  Then I saw that branch on our own tree. I wonder what that load of snow weighs?

 The kids went outside and built two more snowmen.   Snow women, I guess.


 Actually, they told me the big one is the mom and the two small ones are children.  I'll take their word on that.

And these two guys came for the evening and their parents went out for dinner.  That guy in the stripes only wants his MOTHER when she's around.  Well, when she's gone, he's like butter in my arms, melty and tender against my chest, cuddles under my chin, smiles when I nibble his ears.

The other guy in the black shirt told us this morning while Tim assembled Thomas the Train tracks in his family room:  "Tim loves playing with me."

He does. And it's nice he also knows that.  Tonight he spent some time up in James' room and apparently took phone calls on the calculator--held it to his ear and said, "Hello?  Hello?"  James found that somewhat hilarious.

See that kitchen in the background?  This afternoon I painted the walls and washed the nasty curtains.  They looked innocent enough hanging there on the windows, but when I took them from the rods they were full of goobery, greasy old nasty dust.   (It's the vintage gas stove with the standing pilots that does this, but I'm not giving it up.) 

When I put them back up again I had to face how very faded those curtains are.  I probably should think about sewing new ones.  Those are about 15 years old.  Lots of sun has shined on them, no matter how glum this particular spring has been.

Anyway, not tonight.

Friday is my favorite day of the whole week, and this particular one did not disappoint.

April, you old annoying fool who thinks you're March?   Soon you will be gone and don't think I'm going to miss you.   I'm in the mood for an April who sees itself as June.  Actually I'd be happy for a May who just thinks like May.

Tomorrow I'm going shopping for a birthday gift for my youngest grandchild, and there's a house to be looked at, and some jazz music downtown in the evening.

In fifteen minutes it'll be tomorrow.   xo.   love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment