Monday, April 1, 2013

jay's 21

 Twenty-one years of you--all 6' 14" of you--no that's exaggerating.  Sometimes it feels like you're that tall though.

 You've always been a kid I felt like I sort of didn't deserve--too conscientious, too kind, sweet, helpful, thoughtful, hardly ever had to be scolded even.  You didn't make messes, or smart off, or bicker much with the other kids.

And then I found you on Twitter and that dirty, foul sense of humor--oh.  my.  goodness.

I was glad to know you let it out somewhere, actually, and laughed until it hurt.
  
 Our very own Baby Jay, all grown up now.

I'm lucky you're mine, and Dad is too.   

The whole family is lucky having you and we know it.  You hit this family like some kind of crazy explosion and everything is better with you here.

Happy Birthday, Buddy.   We could not love you more.   

love, Mom and Dad and everybody

No comments:

Post a Comment