Thursday, April 4, 2013

heading for friday

Okay this is a game Lydia, aka Kari picked out for her birthday when she went shopping with Grandma.  I don't remember what it's called, but it's the Dog Crap Game.

(My mom and mother in law are the same in this: On a kid's birthday shopping trip, they don't ask questions or judge.  I understand that and like it.  It's a grandparent thing.)

There's a dice to roll that tells how many times to squeeze the leash handle which progressively moves the little glowing chunk of foam through the dog's guts.   When it pops out, not sure if that indicates winner or loser but there's a shovel for scooping these turds.

The joke is totally on me though. When I saw the kids playing this on Easter at Pam's, I was mildly amused thought this was some bizarre toy of Pam's they were playing with.

Whoopsy, that would be no.  That belongs to you guys.

(Pam, I can hear you laughing, you know.)

They have played with it a lot this week, have to say.

They were even inspired enough to go outside and start cleaning up actual real dog poop today now that the snow is finally melted.


 He had a haircut today. Dang, his hair grows fast.

Notice the leaf chair is gone.  It was picked up by the upholstery guys last week.  It took some people in this family several DAYS to realize it was missing.  

 Tonight was James' basketball banquet.  He was the only sophomore to win an academic award.  I was proud of him, it's true.   The whole occasion was nice, though plenty long, with long, long speeches.

that's him in the orange shoes

Heidi kept Tim, Julia and Lydia with her since Maria was at work.   On the way home I called and told her, "We're on our way home from Dan's basketball concert."

What?

What are you talking about?  How is Dan involved?   Yep, that's me: articulate.

And this child pictured below was so mixed up when I picked the kids up. She wanted to go with us, and started to cry.  She wanted me to pick her up and take her, so when she was in my arms I pointed to Heidi and said, "What will do about Mommy?"

The child looked so confused.

I said, "Should we bring her with too?"

p.j. sobbed, "Mommy come too."

Oh dear.  Life gets so confusing when you're only two years old.   She went back to Heidi and still crying, waved good-bye to us.

Time for bed.  Tomorrow is Friday again, and though this has been a long winter, April is looking okay. The days are long and bright and the snow is almost gone.   love, Val

1 comment: