Tuesday, April 16, 2013

oh yeah.

I went to gather the stuff to wrap my mom's birthday present, then came back to the room.   Yep, that's the scotch tape, and those are Fruity Pebbles stuck to her nose.    I have another roll of tape, so it's all good. 

When John and Dan were little I used to often think, "When I don't have little kids anymore then I can have things how I want them."   You know, like a perfect Christmas tree, neat drawers, all the order my orderly little self likes so much.    I like things to be how they're supposed to be.

Well, as we had more and more kids and that perfect future kept out of reach, eventually I realized I have something different, and it turns out I actually prefer it, which is a good thing now that it turns out the squirrelly grandchildren are overlapping with my own squirrels.   And I do like to laugh.

 In a little while we're heading off to the birthday party, and the sun is shining for the first time in weeks.

love, Val


No comments:

Post a Comment