Saturday, June 8, 2013

random pictures from the party

 Okay, here's the graduate with her cake.

When I went to pick this sucker up on Thursday, the bakery people realized by our conversation that the party wasn't until the next day, over 24 hours later.   

They asked if I had a refrigerator big enough to house this cake?

Nooo. I have two refrigerators, but neither one is this big.  Julia suggested the freezer? But that's a last resort.

So we went back the next day to fetch this beauty--cream cheese layer and all.

The big kids said something smart alecky to me about this cake.   (Surprise, surprise.)

I said, "Why you hatin' on my $100 cake?"

Whoa, no, not hating on the cake.  Impressed. We are impressed.

 Maria and Heather above.  Lydia below.

 Here's Maria with Jody leaning on her shoulder.   Jody has been a friend to Maria ever since she was a small and grumpy child who struggled to find a smile and say hello.    (Maria adores her. We all do.)

Maria and her godparents below:  These two are now grandparents to FOUR children, and life is not at all quiet.

This makes me very happy.  No kid could have a better godparent or grandparent than these guys.

He told us about a day when he was under a cabinet that was too small, poor light, trying to figure something out, and a  kid was all over his back and head yakking in toddler-speak, hard to understand.

Finally he realized the child was asking him for a high-five, so he extracted his hand and the kid slapped it and ran away.  He says he remained on the floor under the cabinet, grinning.

 Jay's big brother and Maria in the kitchen.

 And a yard full of easy-going guests.

Alicia's little brother and his wife had a baby a few months ago. Here he is: cousin to b.g. and t.g.  His parents were my very first real estate clients some years ago.  That they were brave enough to trust rookie me to assist with the purchase of their home?

Yeah, I have a big soft spot for them. And this kid is just too cute.

 More cousins and uncles in the yard, having fun.

 Heidi and Joe:

 Okay this is my good-natured mother in law with a couple of my grand kids--her great-grandchildren.


Oh, gosh, they're fighting.  Look at her laugh.

I love her.



It was a great party, and I wish we had more pictures, but we do not.  We distributed leftovers and ate leftovers today.  That's a good part.  Nobody wants to host a party like this and run out of food.

Jay cooked while I was at work last week, and others brought food, and we ate well.

And Maria?  You beautiful girl?

Congratulations on a job well done.  You worked hard and made the most of these four years.

I hope the next four will be even better.

love you so,  MOM and DAD


No comments:

Post a Comment