Tuesday, February 2, 2016

february is here

Snow arrived on schedule today at lunchtime, blowing and drifting, not all that cold, but slippery roads.

Inside the house, as usual, 72 balmy degrees.

 This is a picture from yesterday of two cousins playing.  She's the leader, full of ideas.  He's the willing follower.  She has elaborate story lines mapped out, which he seems to enjoy. He follows along and they don't fight.

At one point they were working from home, had an office going, papers, fake computers together at a desk.

Later they were doing laundry, pretending to wash doll clothes and hang them on the clothesline with my grandma's clothes pins.

Laundry and office??

Could there BE any more boring things to play?

I sure didn't ask any questions.

 Toys and mess were strewn end for end.

Worth it.
 And tonight, as the snow continues to fall.

This morning I wanted to find out the results of the Iowa caucus situation, so I had on the news early, rather than Wild Kratts. I do not care about their creature powers, miniaturizing and the like.

She put up with the news for a while, then complained and switched it to Nature Cat.  But then I noticed she wasn't even watching the show.  I howled, "Why'd you make me watch Nature Cat and you're not even watching it? When I want to watch the news?"

We went back and forth a little and then I realized:  I am arguing with a four year old about Nature Cat.  Go get dressed.
 And during errands, the kids wanted cocoa from Starbuck's but then argued the whole way there about whether they wanted McDonald's or not, would cocoa from McDonald's suffice or did it have to be Starbuck's cocoa and lunch at home. Or both. Or neither.  Their contentious conversation went on and on until I yelled, "You want privileges or you want to argue?"  Sometimes I'm such a cross old bag.

At least argue away from my ears.  We got cocoa.  Tim made some lovely sandwiches on toast at home. (I am NOT going to both McDonald's and Starbucks. Non.)

Welcome, February.

I certainly hope you plan to be shaping up after this unamusing mess.

love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment