Saturday, March 5, 2016

who is ten?


The day you officially made me and Grandpa grandparents is one of the best days of our lives.

In this picture, Little Jay was 14, in 9th grade and after we picked him up from school I asked him if he'd be willing to come to the mall with me and help out with a picture of all you mammals.  He looked at me like I was nuts, but said ok.

But you wouldn't do it, wouldn't even dream of nearing that dude.  (Nine month olds are like this.)

Santa was so accommodating, didn't say one word about his poor knee.





 You used to be quite the squirrel.




Buddy, a whole decade of YOU?

How is that possible?

You have made everything so much better--your enthusiasm and energy, your big smile and wonderful hair, you're just so you.

Back in the day you used to sing that really LOUD song, "Going to the cabin all night long."

When you were little, you were here all the time with me. In your baby and little guy days we spent all kinds of time together.  I rocked you by the hour, and then you got bigger and faster and we chased after you.

 Now, you're not here so much, only once in a while. There's basketball and school, and you're growing fast and it's fun to see.

The next ten years are going to be equally awesome.

Happy Birthday, Beautiful Guy.

See you tomorrow.

love Grandma and Grandpa and Everybody.



No comments:

Post a Comment