Sunday, May 6, 2018

oh may


 This beautiful sunset was on Thursday night.  Grass is turning green.

Here are some breakfast kids from this weekend, eating eggs, sausage, and pancakes.



 Later they did their best flying kites. There's not really enough room here, and back in the field, the trees create weird wind currents.  Hopefully these kites survived today and they can take them to the ball field at the school where it's more open.





 Last night we bought flooring for upstairs. It's vinyl, so no worries about wet towels or bathing suits, or spills of any kind.

It's a click together floor and while we were putting Thompson's water seal on the deck, they guys took apart some beds and moved them out of the way and tore up the carpeting and started on this.

I'm happy. It's looking great, and is such a welcome change from the old carpeting.



Flowers are starting to come up:

 Ice is finally off the lake. The docks went in.

That's always an ordeal, but no serious injuries and it was a nice warm day even though the water is extremely cold. They wore waders, and the other guys had pretty numb feet.

 Alicia's mom in her cabin.  I love that little table and chairs, and she's a lot of fun too.




 The swamp was so loud! When I got out of the car Friday night, it actually hurt my ears, and I'm not really a delicate ears kind of person.  Those frogs! Or toads! Whatever!  They're crazy loud.

 John and Dannell were moving beds on  Saturday.  I hung out there for a while and attempted to help a little.  Mostly I just get a laugh out of the kids and their relentless chipper chatter and rowdy, foolish ideas.

 Ahh, a cute picture of Maria with Sidney and Sophie.

 Showing me her spacer from where the tooth was pulled.  The cute face is too distracting.
 Show me the tooth again?  I showed her my own missing teeth. We can be twins.

 Oh, yes --all the things a kid can do with a Swiffer.






 Tonight, back at home, I put the lights under the patio umbrella and hung all my wind chimes back up underneath it.  It was warm and lovely, the breeze soft, volleyball players hollering in the park behind, just a perfect evening.


May, you gorgeous devil. So glad you're here.

Love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment