Tuesday, November 10, 2009

what a rester

Okay so when I picked Julia up from preschool, the teacher, whom I love, told me: “Ohhh, she’s the best little rester in the world. She falls right to sleep at rest time.”

Yah. She’s also as white as paste and prone to whiny crying jags, slept 13 hours last night. The girl is anemic. I told the teacher, “Oh sure, she’s a good rester. She’s anemic. We’re giving her vitamins. It’ll get better. We gotta build her blood back up.”

The teacher’s mouth hung open, then she laughed, not sure if I was kidding or not.

She’s little. She has only a few sources of iron in her diet and obviously those are inadequate.

Not so much with the kidding. Yes on the Flintstone vitamins.

Sigh. Love, Val

2 comments:

  1. Even though it has no iron, anything with clorophyl can help bring up iron counts. Because...something to do with the molecular structure of a cholorplast and an iron molecule. They are identical except for the one .... thingy in the middle. Am I helping? Is this clear? Anyway, my point is simply that she might enjoy some hot mint tea. And that might help.

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll get some. I remember vitamin c helps too, something like this. Thanks for the tip. love, V

    ReplyDelete