Tuesday, November 17, 2009

SEA TURTLES??


Yesterday, late afternoon I mowed the lawn and cleaned up the front yard. It was really dusty around the pine trees. I had pine junk stuck in my hair, a chunk of flesh missing from my thumb knuckle, dirt around my ankles above the shoes, a just filthy.

I came in, and after I put the kids to bed, and loaded the dishwasher, I was soooo looking forward to a bath. About the time I was finally in the tub, slid down, bubbles up to my chin, glass of wine on the ledge, there was a little rattling by the doorknob.

I said, “Who’s there? What do you want?”

It was Tim and in his deep voice he said, “I haaave a few questions about sea turtles.”

I thought, "WHAT?"

He said, “Do they bite?” “How big can they be?” “How old can they be?”

I tried my best to answer, and then I heard Julia’s voice, “Tim, Tim, now ask her about dolphins.”

At that point I said, “You guys go back to bed.” They left.

But a few minutes later I could hear Jay’s tired voice in the dining room. Apparently he'd come home while I was in the tub, “You guys, I don’t actually know very much about sea turtles.”

How about sleep? Sleep anyone? Love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment