Tuesday, November 10, 2009

what's going on up there?



Okay, there is mayhem upstairs. Why always with the mayhem? We've got your door slamming and a lot of laughing. I can hear dance, dance revolution from somewhere up there, but this ain't dancing.

I have a box with about 12 shoes in it—all singles. Where are the matches for these shoes and bedroom slippers? I’ve looked all over the house. Where do random shoes even go? It kind of pisses me off, actually. Then I realized some don’t even fit anybody, so why even care? Sigh. Still.

What could that pounding possibly be, and why is an air conditioner running in November when it’s 50 degrees outside?

OH, GET THIS: Yesterday the air conditioner up there was running and when I crawled across the bed to shut it off, I realized Kari had her electric blanket on. This has happened before. The a/c AND the electric blanket?


Now the report from upstairs: Small kids were trying to break into the bathroom while Kari was going, and almost KNOCKED her right of the toilet. (Story told with much indignation and drama.) I do feel for her. These are not civilized people.


Our old house has the toilets right next to the door--which is an old-fashioned layout, but I actually like it because then when you're on the toilet you can hold the door shut if anyone comes bursting in.


Unless you're small and there are two of them and they knock you right off.


love, Val

2 comments:

  1. Civilized or not... They sure are adorable!

    Now I don't feel so bad about my bag of unmatched socks. I can be grateful they aren't shoes. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've got a big bag of socks too. Every now and then we get it out, take the (washable) markers and make weird puppets. Then we shove them back in the bag again. I don't even know what to say. There might be a diagnosis for this. Whee. love you, V

    ReplyDelete