Monday, November 23, 2009

why sleep when you can pretend to fish?


We put Tim and Julia to bed a while ago. She has her very own bed upstairs in the room she shares with Lydia (aka Kari.) She’s got the flowered sheets, teddy bears, etc. and so on. But she insists on still sleeping with Tim.

Earlier I heard Jay yelling, “JUST GET IN BED ALREADY!” (Okay, Dad’s starting to lose it.)

When I went in there to kiss them, Sam rolled her eyes up at me like, “yah,” head on her paws. (She sleeps in there—the floor is cool and she has these babies to guard.)

I just went past their doorway and they’re in bed with a nightlight and some hand-held video game about fishing. Julia was attempting to cast and Tim was coaching her, “You gotta flick it a little harder. Do it again. Okay now, Reel! Reel! Reel!” Do you people ever darn SLEEP? I can hear her giddy laughing now, “Is that a fish?”

The older kids say I’ve gotten soft. I think I’m just really … well they’re right. I don’t care if they stay up all night catching tiny little fake fish on a little gray screen as long as they’re happy and I can sleep. love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment