Thursday, November 11, 2010

oh, urine!

Oh wow.

Yeah.

A short time ago, I was invited to a cat tea party. I have no idea what a cat tea party is. We've never owned a cat--Dan is allergic.

Well.

I was tired and feeling pissy and snitty (nothing to do with the kids) and went out to the family room, hoping to wrap this up quickly and get some kids put to bed, but that's not how cat tea parties go.

It involved diet coke in tiny cups, and snacks served on doll dishes and cat costumes and games. The best game was the cat wrap, which is much like the mummy wrap from Halloween.

And then there's Kari. Lydia. Whoever she is. As they attempted to wrap each other in toilet paper once again, I said, "Stop saying shit, okay?"

Next thing I heard, as the toilet paper tore and Tim had to start over wrapping her was, "Oh, urine."

Seriously? I think that's going to be worse. Shortly Tim and Julia were saying it too, "Oh, urine this and oh, urine that." Please go back to saying shit, kids, okay?

I'm tired. And I was feeling injured and snappy before the tea party. Who knew tea would be fun? (Actually, there was no actual tea.)

Oh, urine! What would I do without you guys? love you so, Mom ps. Please shape up.

3 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud when I read this. "Oh urine"??? Where did she come from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well.

    She's our girl.

    And I did ask her to stop saying shit.

    I took some pics when I realized how much planning went into the party, but I have to go to bed--too tired to sort through the annoying pictures they also took while I was gone. I'll put them up tomorrow.

    Oh,urine! Try that out tomorrow. It's emphatic. love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids have a whole slew of words specifically for real swear substitution. None of them are really any better. Pus and penis are their favorites. Chad says "darn" a lot, which is actually pretty funny when it's subbed for the F word, and goes "I can't darn get this darn cap off the darn bottle of the stupid darn ketchup!"

    My grandmother had made-up swear words that were hilarious, like "piffle." I think I'll just start making up words, they've gotta be better than what the kids are already using.

    ReplyDelete