Thursday, November 18, 2010

a b.g. kind of day

We have a little toy, a race car driver guy, who talks when you slap his backside.

I know it, and I agree.

It was some gift trinket from years ago, and yet it still lives.

Well, it says this: "You're the man. Woo Hoo! It does not get any better'n dat."

b.g. was carrying it around today, so I heard those word numerous times.

But a day with b.g.---does not get any better'n dat.

like that date in the corner? it's in the future. pure weirdness.

But I'm pretty sure he was doing this daring trick recently. In the recent PAST.

CHEESE! Oh my gosh, I am wrapped around his little finger, and admit it.

Here's his neglected little aunt, showing off her homeschool packet. She's doing good. She tries to adapt when her nephews show up.


And these dates on Maria's pictures are so WRONG. And yet, we were told this snow would not stick, fall would come back, and yet, this is how it looks out front. Snow is not melting. It's here to stay. Sigh. With electricity, I can ignore it.


When I came home tonight the house smelled SO BEAUTIFUL I sighed out loud and ran to get a plate. We cook turkeys ahead because of the size of our oven and the size of the turkeys vs. the size of our crowd.

But before I got home, he had already efficiently packaged and frozen all the turkey and stuffing he cooked. Flippin' frozen.

He kept talking. I kept staring.

Then I put my plate back in the cupboard and took a bath.

Sigh. Probably for the best, considering my deplorable muffin top, etc. But still.

Tomorrow is Friday, and that tends to be an excellent day. Hopefully it won't disappoint! love, Val

3 comments:

  1. Your blog always makes me smile, Val.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I didn't even know you still read it! I've gone back to look at the breakfast photo on yours several times. It's like a magazine cover. love, Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog every day! And almost every day it makes me smile.

    Thanks about the photo. :o)

    ReplyDelete