Sunday, November 28, 2010

the bees knees, and all that

that rip on her sleeve? caught it on the upstairs bathroom door hook. it happens.

Okay, today we were hearing about a guy who is, well, okay, this isn't nice...and we kind of had to pry to get at what's the story.

He's described as a "douche."

(Umm. No comment on that adjective.)

He CAN be nice, but usually he's "douchy."

This is not impressive on his part, being douchy like that.

Then the comment was made that he thinks of himself as really fabulous, doesn't even comprehend what an ass he actually is.

It's all a bit of a problem, but asinine people are often like this.

So then we have Kari sitting there, aka Lydia. She's ten, taking all this in, and somewhat offended that anyone would be "douchy" to someone in our family.

So Kari pipes up: "Yeah, that guy thinks he's the bees knees. The cat's pajamas. The mother's curling iron."

What??

The mother's curling iron? What the heck does THAT mean?

We were all laughing, laughing right out loud, something we need to do this week.

She said she made it up because it sounded good, adding, "I hate that guy."

Well, considering he thinks he's the mother's curling iron? Plus he's been douchy to someone we love? We all pretty much hate him, so that's his own fault.

Oh, yeah? Love, and all that jazz? It ends where you're douchy to one of us. Love and flowers, springing kisses tossed about. NOT.





Okay here's a dumb story: Yesterday morning we were getting ready for church and rushing a little bit. We haven't been there in months--too many other obligations lately.

But yesterday we were on the job. So I ran upstairs to help Julia find something to wear. I grabbed a knit dress out of her closet and told her to try it on, see if it still fit.

She put it on over her pajama top. It fit. I threw her the leggings and said, "Hurry up! Find socks!"

And I ran back downstairs. Later on at church, while Julia was rolling all over in my lap, and I saw a bit of dark pink satin piping along the back of her neck, and I couldn't laugh out loud right there, but it was hard not to.

The pajamas. She was dressed over her pajamas, as directed by ME.

Good thing Mom's on the job.

Oh yeah, definitely.

love, Val

3 comments:

  1. V,
    oh god...I missed so much while I was away! I'm so very glad everyone is ok. The dining room looks wonderful and the xmas tree UP already! I can't even imagine! sending everyone hugs and kisses! Love you R.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg...I had to go back and reread this...I was about peeing my pants on the whole "douche" thing and the "mother's curling iron". I do love miss Kari!
    Love R
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it. How come you gotta live so far away?

    Hug your little wise guys for me too. love, V

    ReplyDelete