Tuesday, March 8, 2011

heidi and joe's baby, for real


This little girl was born yesterday, late in the afternoon.


Here she and Maria are, checking each other out. See how Maria's holding her face to face, copying the baby's expression? There's a name for that, though I can't remember. It's wired into how we relate to babies, and I love that. They both know exactly how to do it, though neither one is aware.

Auntie Kirby--giddy us. She and I have been waiting to meet this BABY, crazy with anticipation.

with Grandpa at midnight

Here's the note I sent my friends last night. It says it all:

"The baby is born, a little GIRL baby. Her middle name is my mother's name. I cried. I'm doing that a lot lately. I wonder if Heidi's hormones are airborne or something.

The child is 8 1/2 pounds, lovely newborn, tiny little diamond shaped lips, big dark eyes looking in the dark room, listening when I talked to her, wrapped in the blankets I sewed her. We took flowers, balloons, cookies.

Heidi is so tired that I wanted to give the baby to Jay and rock her instead. Everything is great though, absolutely perfect. Love, Val"

Happy, Happy Birthday, Sweetheart.

We love you so.

Love, Grandma, and Grandpa, and all your aunties, and uncles, and cousins, and as they say on Sesame Street, all the hairy ones and all the scary ones--we all say thanks for being our girl.

3 comments:

  1. She really is perfect! Many happy snuggles to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and perfect! Looks like her Aunties are going to have soooo much fun with sweet Abigail. XOXXO

    ReplyDelete