Thursday, March 31, 2011

unbelievable


Okay, we were going to go grocery shopping tonight and also pick up something for supper.

Tim and Julia were outside playing, and from the looks of it, nearly rolling in mud.

Woo Hoo, living it up.

We called them inside, said put all the muddy stuff here in a pile. Change clothes, and then get busy picking up this house. We'll be back with supper shortly.

The older kids were here. It sounded like a plan.

Well, forty minutes later we were back, and apparently, sigh, this is hard to even say.

Apparently some kids couldn't get their wet mittens off and shook them wildly while in the hilarious giddy state they seem to be in constantly the last couple weeks.

The two spaz-attacks got splatters of mud on the lampshade, the wall, the curtains, the cabinet by the door, AND THE CEILING.

Holy cripe.

A friend had an incident at her house some years ago where mud got on the ceiling from a kid taking off his boot.

Only a kid could accomplish this, but great. Wow. Look at that. Mud on the ceiling.

I scolded and ranted as I'm prone to doing, guilt trips about how they have foolishly damaged the house and created a buttload of work for others by their outrageous carrying on.

Whatever. A spiel like that can be pulled from my rear on a moment's notice.

They're also grounded from all TV and video games for a month. (Probably not, but it sounded good.) That astonished them a little. I overheard them whispering that this thing with the mud might be the worst thing they ever did.

Oh well. I never liked that ceiling anyway, right? love, Val

3 comments:

  1. Your spring fever posts have been making me laugh my head off! My kids have it, too! And I too can pull spiels from my rear. Thanks for reminding me to take a big old chill pill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah. Mud on the ceiling, R. Have you seen the size of that room? We will have to repaint. Scaffolding will be involved. So unamused.

    ReplyDelete