Thursday, March 31, 2011

i think so


Last week I bought stamps, and the guy asked me if I wanted a roll of 100.

I told him, "Yeah, a hundred, but I don't want the Liberty Bell ones. Do you have anything fun?"

He rummaged around in the drawer and pulled up Beetle Bailey stamps. Fun.

Latin Music Legends? "Oh, yeah. Fun."

The State of Kansas? "Sounds great."

Then he dug some more and asked me, "Is Mother Theresa fun?"

Fun? Mother Theresa? I hesitated a second. That's a strange adjective for her.

"I think so!"

Then I burst out laughing and told him that's the weirdest question I'd been asked in all day, "Is Mother Theresa fun?"

He snickered too.

I told this to Jay later, and he shook his head, but last night as he was in here stamping invoices and bills with Mother's grinning, toothy face, he said, "This is kind of fun."

Oh, yeah. Dumbness. love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment