Friday, March 25, 2011

people what are going CRAZY

Okay, we all know the winter has gone on far too long. It started early and nasty and hasn't improved.

Last week's enormous, sloppy snowstorm was just too much. In an act of March rebellion, Jay never even shoveled the driveway. We revved the engine through it and then drove over the frozen ridges and mess, with more zooming of the engine to get through, car bouncing like crazy.

It's become real cute. And yet, who gives a rat's behind? It's going to melt away shortly.

But we're not the ones going crazy. It's these people.


The giddy laughing, the arguing, the running in the house, jumping, thumping, carrying on--they're going off the deep end. I know it's the end of winter madness. My mother in law said her kids used to have it too. She'd have the dad set up the ping pong table in the garage because it was too muddy to be outside, and then they could just go insane out there.

Ei-yi-yi.

Here they were a week ago, trying to play outside. All their toys are frozen in a mess right now. Future Val's problem. Nah, not even. It's a problem that will solve itself.



How to play Twister without a spinner? Not a problem, evidently.





We've been doing cat care for someone and going to check on these cats has been one of those things where they ask me every ten minutes, "When are we going to the cats? Did you say before lunch or after lunch?" How many times do we really have to discuss the darn cats? We haven't been able to find one of the cats for two days now, and that's concerning. It has to be in the house somewhere.





Wednesday I was so annoyed by them running, screaming, and Barbie cars or some racket in the stairway I started yelling. Loudly. At the top of my lungs, like where you feel the veins in your neck yelling. It was nothing serious, just stuff like cut it out right now you can't act this way blah, blah, blah.

I told them to sit on the stairs where I could see them. They did, tried to look contrite, but shortly were tussling and laughing again. GAWD.

I was working in the evening though, and called to check on everyone, and Julia was sad, missing me. I teased her, "How can anyone miss a mother who yells?"

She said, "I do."

Oh dear. Pretty please, spring? Hurry up. love, Val

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yeah! I hear you. Spring can't get here fast enough!

    ReplyDelete