Thursday, September 1, 2011

september begins


It was so hot and humid that when I went outside to take a picture, the lens fogged. And that is an actual human infant, not a doll. She's a funny little girl now, almost six months old.


That little fence was erected to keep Sam out of the big window well back in her puppy digging days. Shrubs flew through the air, roots and all. But now she's civilized.

We keep the fence so the grandbabies don't fall over the edge.

Oh, and gosh he loves this old swing. Don't worry-- Julia's hair was shampooed tonight. She even asked me to do it.




After supper, I stuck to my plan and weeded that horrible garden of ours. It was about 90 degrees, and between the sweat in my eyes and the fogging of my glasses, it was a challenge, but it's done now.

Some of the plants in there must be herbs or something because the weeds smelled spicy and wonderful. I left all the milkweed in one corner because monarchs love it. There are a lot of butterflies in this garden, and besides milkweed, I'm not sure what they're attracted to, so I mostly just weeded out the swamp grass and nettles.

It looks like a perennial garden again, not just a bramble.

This is a little video of a creation Tim made with the bits and pieces of a kit from Christmas and some legos. It's pretty fun.



Tomorrow is Friday, looking excellent. Sleep tight. love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment