Thursday, September 15, 2011

a photo album for the week


The baby girl is crawling.

Monday it was gorgeous and warm, and James has survived his first weeks at school okay. Here he's doing something with a ball on the roof to amuse the nephew.


When I was looking for a place to set the baby down while I watered the flowers, I spotted the little car, thinking if she did slip, she'd only fall about three inches. She didn't fall. She loved it, dug her toes in the grass, sat there for a long time, happy.

Here's another after school picture. Maria's all right too.

This was earlier, lunch on the patio.






Last night it wasn't 90 degrees anymore. There were frost warnings and we covered the flower pots with blankets and sheets overnight.

Here we've got your play doh in pajamas.

And Jule amusing the baby.



I found it hilarious she sprinkled the baby's puffs on the blanket like she's a little dog. Not that p.j. minded. She was into it.


Okay, and then the kids took control of the camera at some point. This was on there. I don't even know who the heck they are. Turns out, they're the people that came with some picture frame. Nice. They've got awesome teeth.

And here we have a picture of a picture--James' school picture.



And Maria--

And another picture of a picture. That's Little Jay on his birthday some years back. Gawd, why?? That's my butt over on the right. Oh yeah, get a picture of that beast.



These are my adorable nieces. (Why were they taking pictures of all our pictures lying around?)


This is a picture of the big map on the wall in the family room. When I bought it, I didn't even know it was a big, glossy map. I thought it was wrapping paper, and in fact started cutting it before some kid ran to stop me.

Here's Heidi's baby p.j. and we tried to get a picture of her smiling.

But every time she smiles, her hands go over her mouth.




Okay, there's a grin. This little jacket she has on is one that was originally Heidi's and went through all five girls. Alicia thought it was cute too--the 80s weren't all bad.

Okay, here's Alicia's boy with chocolate on his face.





Oh yeah, during the last picture, Kari was fetching a wet wash cloth.

So serious.

Okay, after that study came out that said Sponge Bob melts kids brains, I'm trying to keep the TV off Sponge Bob when he's around, and just stick to normal shows.

He was as pleased with Price Is Right as any cartoon. Plus, his brain isn't melting.

(The kids all watched Price Is Right, and their brains are all fine, so I know this show is perfectly safe.)


Okay, and these videos were found. I had that red chair reupholstered this summer, and the cardboard box has the roll of leftover fabric in it. Why he's involved with it?

Regrettable.

Bash around with your own toys, how about?








Not getting a dollar? Hunh? Why is Maria telling him that?

Well, yeah. Kids are crazy, that's why.

Tonight I was standing at the deli counter buying supper, waiting for my turn.

And there was a lady and a kid beside me and the kid was squirreling out and touching some kind of condiment rack and the mom snapped a little bit, "Seriously? Why are you even touching that?"

He twirled away to the other side of the cart, and I kept looking straight ahead and said, "Why? Because he's a kid. And kids are CRAZY."

The woman started laughing and laughing and said, "I know! Why do I even ask why?"

So true.

We made it through the week, and tomorrow is FRIDAY!

With two real estate closings tomorrow and sunshine, we definitely need to think of something fun to do tomorrow night.

We're halfway through September already and it's going well.

Happy Friday. love always, Val

3 comments:

  1. That super serious picture of Gus is sooo Dan, right? Goodness. I swear I have a picture of him with his guinea pig Marty from when he was little, and it's that EXACT face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The expressions are identical, and they do look so much alike.

    Although you and Dan look so much alike I can't really tell.

    Sometimes he reminds me very of you, other times it's like a little Dan.

    It's fun to see those traits pop up. love, Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. look at that skinny ass of yours. xoxox

    ReplyDelete