Friday, September 30, 2011

the maple tree

Kirsten gave me a frame for my birthday that's specifically a house frame. Soooo, I've been waiting for just the right day to get a picture--when the maple tree is amazing and the sun is shining. Yes! We got it.

To take the pictures I went across the street to the sidewalk. Some teenaged boys were walking along, and they looked at me strangely standing there with my camera. I told them, "I'm taking a picture of my tree."

They turned and looked at it, "Ohhh, that's beautiful."

When I came back, we had the basketball happening.

They're not very good at this point, sorry to say. They'll get better though. Time is on their side.

And here's the crowd in the backyard. Tonight is homecoming, so they dressed all up in school colors and headed out as evening approached.

Maria borrowed my socks.

r.t. showed up in my room wondering if his bandana was appropriate. (It looked good.)

Oops, here's the tree peeking from behind the roof. Wow, the sky was blue today.


And here we are at the end of a very great Friday.

Heidi's baby was here and we went back to bed after she arrived. We watched TV for a while, and she chewed on toys. Then we took a nap for TWO HOURS in the sun. When we woke up, she looked at me and did a little chuckle like, "Are you kidding me?" (It might have been my Einstein bed hair that made her laugh.)

Onward to tomorrow, and Saturday is looking pretty fine. love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment