Saturday, December 17, 2011

kind of awesome

We are home.

It was a great week, and it's great to be back.

Kirsten picked us up from the airport at 12:30 am, and we were in bed by two.   But first we looked at pictures and heard their adventures of the week, and they heard ours.

Tim and Julia were too tired to get up.  (She successfully wore them out, ambitious big sister that she is.)

But I sneaked into Tim's room and put his bracelet on his wrist--a stretchy one with little wooden tiles with religious icons on them. We're not Catholic, but the bracelet was beautiful and inexpensive. 

We brought him a fish mobile from Mexico, and I hung it on his light fixture.

In the morning, he was there all at once in my arms while I was still asleep, said he woke up and saw the fish and the bracelet on his wrist.

I asked him how that was, waking up to fish overhead.

"It was actually kind of awesome."

Oh sweet Lord, it's good to be home.   love you all so, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment