Wednesday, November 26, 2014

eleven hour miracle

We made the miracle happen, and we're ready for tomorrow.

See the picture of the upstairs bathroom?  

Well, there's more to the story. 

Years ago one of those things that cover a plug in fell into the toilet tank and was swept into the porcelain of the bowl.   It never worked quite right after that, blocked the flow of water through the channels.

Last week, he replaced the toilet while I was off working.   I was happy. Everyone was.

But the next day I had to ask him, "What did you do with the tank set?"

"I don't know. What is it?"

I said, "That fuzzy rug thing that was on the tank and all."

"Oh.  I threw it away."

"You threw it away?"

"Yeah. I mean, what's the point of it?  Plus it was hideous."

Okay, then.  Pointless AND hideous.

So I found the old rug in the linen closet and the old seat cover in the towel basket.  No lives were lost. We'll be fine.

A view of the girls' room:

 Okay, this is James' light fixture.  It is full of coins and dead bugs.   Apparently they throw the coins in there for fun somehow. The dead bugs appeared on their own naturally.  

This is not a problem I will be dealing with today.

 Lydia and Maria did the flowers:

 And it is a miracle.

Time for bed.  It's almost tomorrow.

love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment