Wednesday, November 26, 2014

making a miracle happen

Well, we used to have a neighbor who was a very casual housekeeper.  She had other priorities and they are a great family.

Anyway, one of the kids was over at their house when they were having company coming in a few hours.   The place was fairly trashed, and the kid knew how very nervous this would make me if it were my situation.

This mom was so fantastic.   She told the kids, "Okay, right now I'm going to take a nap, and then we're going to make a miracle happen."

!!!

My kid about fell over:  Take a nap?

I know, right? 

We are hosting Thanksgiving tomorrow and we're not taking a nap at this point, but we are going to make a miracle happen.


 Why does the air conditioner cover keep on popping off?  I have even used box tape and everything, and yet there it is:

 What happened to the end of the couch?  Why is it dented like that?

I will look into it. 

Literally.

Maybe I can stuff a pillow in there and pop it back up.

 This dining room table attracts clutter like nothing else.  OH, and that brown wrapper?  It was a box of gifts from Renee.   The kids are intrigued, and so are we.  They have Christmas paper on them, so we have to wait.


 Thinking about that miracle!


She's taking care of the nap, I guess.

 The list.  That was Maria's first instruction:  Make a list.


 This is in the kitchen why?


 What's with this basket?   I see a naked doll, a Barbie cash register, a scary mask, Raggedy Ann upside down,  a gold shoe from the dress up bin--my mom wore those on New Year's Eve, 1962.   Kirsten's maroon high heel and those silver sandals she gave the kids for dress up.  

Maybe we won't deal with this at all.




 Why? 

This plaid shirt is someone's, but nobody in this family.  We don't know where it came from.

One thing already done--the turtle tank was dealt with yesterday.

Okay, someone is vacuuming.   I have to go.   This miracle needs to happen.

Happy Thanksgiving!   love, Val


No comments:

Post a Comment