Thursday, March 18, 2010

hunh?


Okay, last night at bedtime our sheets were still in the dryer.

He helped me put them on the bed, one of us on each side. I love this man, stuffing pillows into flowered pillowcases, helping me get the top sheet straight.

Before supper he patiently cut down a tree I wanted gone. I brought a sandwich out for him while he worked, and all evening he cheerfully helped me move furniture--heavy furniture. A piano was even dragged to a different room.

He is an angel with the nicest shoulders in the world and very,very blue eyes.

Plus he smells good.

I said something mild about how smooth clean sheets are, and he said, "I don't know. I like dirty sheets."

"Really? You do? What are you talking about?"

???

(We have children who went to college and didn't wash their sheets for an entire semester. That's horrible.)

"When have you ever slept on any dirty sheets? Do you even know what one IS? Have you ever even SEEN an actual dirty sheet?"

He just stood there, laughing.

"Okay, 30 years, times 52 weeks... give or take. Let's say I only wash the sheets every ten days, as an average. 365 days x 31 years = 11,315. Divide that by 10 = 1,131.5 times that sheets have been washed and put on this bed."

He just rubbed his eyes and continued laughing, said he needed to lie down. What the hell? Is he nuts?

Sometimes. Seriously. He's so disorienting. love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment