Friday, March 5, 2010

it's his birthday, oh yeah


It's his birthday, this awesome guy!

Tomorrow is the most magnificent party, but today's a great day.

I called him on the phone and yelled, "It's your birthday!"

He said, "Yeah!"

I said, "You're four years old!"

He paused, "How did YOU know?"

Oh my. I said, "I remember when you were born. I held you. You were so small. You were littler than b.g."

He paused again and then said over his shoulder, "Mom. Gramma remembers when I was born."

Awww. When I asked him what he wants for his birthday he first said Rescue Heroes, then changed his mind to a trampoline. I told him a trampoline is a lot of money, a really lot of money... and he might jump off it and get hurt. He was pondering on that for a minute and I remembered we DO have a trampoline.

It's a little rebounder that's been in the basement forever. Sometimes I use it to set clothes on when they come out of the dryer. We've also used it as a spot to pile up Christmas gifts. I told him he could have that, and even use it in the house.

He was pretty pleased, "That can be my birthday present!"

"No, I'm not giving you some old trampoline from the basement for your birthday. You can just have it. I'll buy you some new Rescue Heroes to wrap up."

Yeah, it was a fun call. I love that kid, I do, I do.

Happy Birthday, Buddy! love, Gramma

the day we became grandparents--oh the smell of him

him and his sweet mama

a fine nap



and looking pretty grown up anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment