Friday, March 12, 2010

a lotta cakes and a little fun


We're still doing birthday. Here is James and his first cake, from his actual birthday-day. I tried to take a picture of him blowing out the candles, but he did it so dang fast, all I got was smoke and his hip. Durn kid. Look at Julia plugging her nose.


This is the next day at my parents. He specifically blew them out slower because I was so crabby about last night. (It didn't matter. I was just tired.)


This is the cake from today. We had supper with all the grown sibs, and my parents came, and the kids' dogs, and it was very, very loud, but in a good way.


Heidi and Joe with their dog

Joe left in the middle to go fetch his brother from the airport. His brother is home on leave from the Marines. The soldier came back with him and ate leftover ham and cheesy potatoes and birthday cake. It was fun to see him.



These are the Easter crafts from yesterday, pretty fun, grass seed in decorated egg shells. It wasn't as messy as we feared. Tonight, however, mom spotted this same green tablecloth in a photo in Dan's baby book. We're talking 1983? Guess she got her money's worth on that.



And this is Mr. b.g. As much as Julia resented sharing me with him, she's discovered that he really likes her. He finds her hilarious, and that's a lot of fun for her, hearing the baby's laughter and seeing how he lights up when she comes near. It makes her feel wanted and appreciated. Very nice.


On Thursday at my parents, b.g. and my dad hung out. I don't think my dad has had any real opportunities to have b.g. to himself before. They had a good time. B.g. kept putting his head back over and over so my dad could kiss his bald, fuzzy head. Everything my dad said to him made him laugh. This kid has charm.


Here's Julia with t.c. on her lap, watching James open his gifts. These nephews of hers...they're a challenge and they're fun. It's disorienting at times. Tonight there was no fighting though,just lots of Legos and Barbies and cake and jumping on the super couch.


This person is l.c. He's on two feet now, walks like a wind up toy, and he's found his voice. When I realized how fast he is (last week he was still half-crawling,) I ran to put up the baby gates across the stairways.

I took this picture as he demonstrated an incredibly piercing sound I didn't even know could come out of a throat that small. I think his voice could almost shatter glass, and he does it on request for the entertainment value. That little neck of his...smelled wonderfully like maple syrup, though I can't imagine why. He likes his mama best, but I did get in a satisfying number of kisses.

And here's a picture of my mom and Kirby, hanging out, talking about work. They job-share, so there's plenty to discuss...

And now I understand there's a bath tub full of hot water waiting for me, Jay's sound asleep here with Craig Ferguson on the TV, and tomorrow is the weekend. Happy Saturday... love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment