Tuesday, March 23, 2010

this and that


We had little b.g. here for the day. He's pretty funny these days, talking a lot, sprouting hair, eating squash and pears.

The kids had him in the tent playing. He liked it. I kissed and hugged him many, many times. He's very tasty. Later he sacked out on our bed in the sun.


This morning when we were trying to get ready for preschool, Julia was a little distracted. We had to bring something for show and tell that started with the letter E. That wasn't easy. And her socks were inside out and it took her ten full minutes to switch them and put them on again.... and in the middle of the E search, she came out to the living room where I was putting b.g.'s jacket on:

"Mom," and then she launched into some long-winded story about Bart and Lisa and whether they're baptized or not.

????

Bart and Lisa Simpson? I don't even know what religion they are. They aren't even real. Why are we discussing this? Julia. Time to focus. Oh gosh.

She's a trip.


Last night she asked me to clip her fingernails for her.

As I snipped them over the bathroom sink, she said, "I did my toes already. Some of them I bit."

Wow. I don't even know what to say.

And today after preschool she showed me the award she'd won for resting. She's a bonafide Award-Winning Rester. It's a good looking award too! She told me, "I laid very still. Only I kept breathing." Oh good, yes good idea.

I called my mom, who absolutely adores a well-timed nap. She said,"Oh! She gets that from me!"


I called John and told him what a talented sister he has. Cute, AND good at resting. "Nice," he laughed. "t.c. would never win that award." True enough. He has other talents.


So now we're heading into a long, sunny evening. Customers paid, and that's always a beautiful thing. I hear laughing upstairs. Jay just trailed through the room saying, "I can't find any of my cement trowels. Where could they go?" (I'm not entirely sure what they even look like.) Happy Thursday. love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment