Saturday, March 6, 2010

priorities

a cute little gopher-cheeked cowboy from years ago

Kari and James have been working on some worksheets about Arkansas for a while now.

This workbook features several pages of detailed info on each state. They pick away at it until they announce they can't take it anymore and move on to the next state.

I don't care when they decide that. They usually stick with it longer than I would. Home school totally works.

Anyway, Kari had her Arkansas map on the table the other night and we looked at it. I told her it was an impressive effort. She'd located a lot of important places in Arkansas. (I know nothing about anywhere, so she's way ahead of me.)

Then, down in the corner, I saw a dot and the name: Texarkana.

I pointed to it and said, "This is an important place, Texarkana. This is where they were trying to get to in Smokey and the Bandit."

She peered at me.

"And then they had to get back again. It's a movie."

Jay was cooking, and turned to give me a long look, and then a big old wink.

Oh yeah. That's where we went on our first date--to see Smokey and the Bandit. (Don't worry. Nothing happened.)

Yes, it was a very, very, very long time ago. love, Val

1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous snap shot of love, family, and homeschooling. Its brilliantly succinct and tight, like a poem. You are just so excellently cool, Val. I am sooooooo glad you started blogging. And I have so much to learn from you.

    love, K

    ReplyDelete