Thursday, April 15, 2010

a baby day


We've got this guy for the day.

He went with me to the grocery store, rode around happily in the cart, so cute--big red cheeks and little soft moccasins. When we got home, he wore himself out playing with James.

When he was pooped out, I wrapped him in a blanket and took him out to the patio swing. We rocked in the sun, in the cool breeze, listening to the birds chirping in the trees above us, and the traffic out front. It was pretty hypnotic. Soon he was sound asleep.

Whenever I've been in a workshop or seminar where we're instructed to relax and picture ourselves on a beach, or in the forest, I think to heck with that. I imagine being in a rocking chair with a sweet baby tucked under my chin. That's my happy place.

Over the years we've completely worn out two rocking chairs. Now we have two more, and more babies to rock. Sigh. Life is pretty darn good. love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment