Monday, May 30, 2011

girls


and their dads--

These quick weekend pictures of Julia and her dad caught me tonight.


This is me and MY dad, Pam in my lap, back in 1963.

Here's Kirby in 1987.

And Heidi in 1988.


My mom and her dad in 1943.




I have no particular point here, and yet I do. It's easy to take these guys for granted. They're always around, working and stuff, fixing things, making sure there aren't any monsters under the bed. If you're a girl with a dad, you're one lucky woman.

That's me and him, like 45 years ago--the beginning of me taking him for granted since forever. Nothing changed this weekend. He's still the same, and so am I, and maybe that's the beauty of it. Lucky is the only word I can think of. love, Val

3 comments:

  1. Love that pic of Heidi and Jay, both doing the same thing with their mouth! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If you're a girl with a dad, you're one lucky woman."

    Yes indeed. (sigh) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG..that one of Kirby with the girls is priceless..the look on her face..she looks just like you. These are so nice. Love you so, R. xo

    ReplyDelete