Friday, May 11, 2012

the week

 Not a lot to say.   It's been a very quiet week.

Tim and Julia have been sick with fevers.  We're working a lot.

 They lie on the couch and take ibuprofen at intervals.

 But not those two. They have been healthy.

 Here she's put her babies to bed in the little bed my mother bought some years ago. These days we have it here for t.g. but she uses it for her babies.

 When she talks to her babies, she chirps to them.   You'd think it was amazing smiley baldness t.g. himself she's talking to, but no, some old Cabbage Patch Kid.

 Oh here she's wrapping her baby.

 This is Julia.  She turned her head away because the light hurt her eyes.

Christmas pajamas all day long.

Yesterday Tim was fairly pitiful.

He's never been sick before.

So he kept going about his day like normal, except he had to keep going to lie down and when we were working on some crossword puzzles, he kept putting his head down on his arms.

Finally I said, "You don't feel very good, do you?"

"No, I don't."

"You're sick!"

"Is that what's wrong?"

 A day later, a bath, hair brushed, no fever, tired but functional:



 And this man, home from college:



Aww, this is from Tuesday before everyone turned up sick.  He's working his piano skills.

 She's just cute.
 I don't know what is going on here.

But I do know the week is over.  We all survived, even John and Dannell's little feverish newborn son, who I freaked out on so they took him to the ER on Wednesday night.

He's fine.  (I'm so sorry.)

And my grandma has had bad news about her heart, that there's not a lot that can be done for it.

Sigh.   I am dizzy and confused by this news. No. No, no, no.

No.

And that's the end of today.

Even Friday.

love tomorrow, Val


No comments:

Post a Comment