Tuesday, May 1, 2012

a dumb story

This is Kirsten.


This is Julia showing me how she can jump rope with her eyes shut.  (Her dad jumped rope and almost jumped into a hole.  Dang, don't wreck your back on dumbness, Jay.)


Tonight Kirsten and her little dog were here for supper, very nice.

Out in the kitchen, Julia poked Kirsten in the shoulder and said, "Grandma?"

Kirsten stared down her, "I am not your grandma."

"Oh, yeah!  Kirby!"

Then Julia showed her a package of  cookies--Keebler Pecan Sandies, to be exact, and told her, "I sniffed these and the smell of the walnuts gave me hiccups."

What?

What on earth?

That makes as much sense as the time Kari told us her tutu gave her a headache.

Plus, those aren't even walnuts, they're pecans.

Kirsten loves kid weirdness as much as anyone I've ever known, so I'm still snickering about it now. Okay, that's the end of today, for real this time. Happy, happy MAY! love forever, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment