Tuesday, May 8, 2012

mama turns 80

 Yeah, that's her, hugging her youngest great-grandchild, not looking eighty in the least.

Here are a couple other characters:


That's my sister in law in the picture below, hugging my grandson . I love her so much. Best thing my brother in law ever did was marry her, and that's their daughter  beside her.

 Okay, here's Jay and his mother.


 And here's a picture from today, taken while my mother and I wrangled wild babies.  He played the piano very loudly, although he learned to use half volume when Kari would unplug the cord at any higher setting.

And he told that little girl, "I love you!" as he wrapped his arms around her and touched her hair.

He also told her something a million times about bumblebees.  She listened and then covered her ears when she'd heard enough.


Okay, Becky, mother of my husband--happy, happy birthday!  You're easy-going company, a patient and tolerant grandma and I love you so.  I hope your birthday is wonderful, and when you look around at the family that surrounds you, you'll feel as lucky as we do.

We love you so,  Val and everybody


No comments:

Post a Comment