Tuesday, August 7, 2012

an unexpected day

 I left the kids off at Bible School this morning at our church in the city.    Yesterday I had signed up to hang around for the morning in case they needed help.   The bible lesson was about the parable of the sower throwing seed down--some land on the path, some land on rocks, some in thorn patches, some in good soil.

The pastor, Mark, explained the metaphor involved and asked the kids their thoughts.   They actually had some good thoughts, squirrels that they were sitting on the floor, wiggling around.

Then he said God throws down love on us even when we're like the path--and he pointed to a hard piece of tile where nothing can grow, or like the rocks, where things might grow for a little while, or the thorn patch, and held up a flower pot full of weeds and said, "Even when my life is all mixed up and full of crap," and also those times when things can grow in good soil.   All the time.  The love is always there.

I liked it.




This morning, Dannell was there with her kids, and Aunt Michelle brought b.g. and t.g. for the singing in the morning.   This is what I saw while driving away:


Kids in a bounce house in the morning sun.

Then I took Miss p.j. and headed over to my mom's for a visit.  Soon she convinced me we should go to Applebee's where she bought us lunch, and then we went back to her house for an hour until it was time to go get the kids again.

It was a tough day, all right--grandmas and a little girl goofing off all day.  Aww, Mom, what a treat this day was.

(Here's a picture of p.j. and her dad holding Rufus.)

 Then I came home and found this in front of the garage.  I guess the plumber has been at work.  It's a good thing our neighbors love us because the scenery around our yard can get a bit challenging.



Onward to Wednesday--doubt it can get much better than TUESDAY was.  August you beautiful month--we're going to get along, I can see this.   love, VAL

No comments:

Post a Comment