Sunday, July 28, 2013

60th anniversary


Happy Anniversary!  

Jay's parents, sixty years.

Some pictures from the party:


This makes me laugh a little--the next generation of mommies making lots of little plates for lots of little people.   And then the wound up little darlings barely eat anyway at a party.   I've scraped thousands of meals into the trash--probably enough to have fed at least another ten kids.

Nothing changes.  Kids are still crazy--but that's the good part.


Grandma and John:
Grandpa and Kirsten:



He told me, "We are being nice."

It was true, too.

This is a picture of all the grandchildren and great-grandchildren who were at the party today.  One niece and her kids were not able to be there, and Little Jay couldn't come either.  But it's  most of them--click on it to enlarge:


And this going on smack in the middle made Little Jay laugh right out loud with me when I showed him, "Now we'll zoom in."

This is my niece's little girl squeezing the cheeks of b.g.'s little brother, trying to help him smile.

As if he needs any help smiling, but it's a nice thought.   Oh my goodness.

Mom and Dad--Congratulations on your anniversary.    This whole wild family loves you so much, and wouldn't even be here without you.

love always,  Val and Jay and EVERYBODY

No comments:

Post a Comment