Saturday, July 13, 2013

moving day

There are very few pictures, unless others took them.   There was too much to do.

Late in the afternoon, the babies arrived and congregated in the family room and back yard.


This was too hazardous. The hill is narrow and they roll real crooked.




This dining room set was in my parents home when I was a little girl, then went to Wisconsin to my grandparents.   Now since Grandma died, it has come back to John's house.  (Their other house didn't have a dining room.)   Jay's brother's wife, Barb, and Lydia unwrapped their wedding dishes and put them in the matching cabinet. 

I stood there for a minute, taking it all in, all the loss and ambivalence.


It was a great day, a lot of work and a lot of fun.

When Dannell was putting the kids to bed I went upstairs and got into bed with the kids.  The little guy asked me what I was chewing, and of course it was lemon gum, but I told him, "It's an old dirty sock of yours."

He didn't answer, just considered that absurdity for a second. Then he said, "Blow a bubble."

"I can't blow a bubble with an old sock!"

He laughed.   And then we called it a night and came home.

John and Dannell are trying to find their stuff today in boxes set in the wrong rooms and working through unpacking, and it's all good.    love you all so, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment