Wednesday, September 15, 2010

tuning in that signal


Okay, I'd not heard this story from Labor Day weekend. We spent the weekend with my parents at their place in Wisconsin, and had a great time.

My dad told this story to my sister, and she told it to me, and I laughed until I had to dry my eyes. I don't know why it struck me so funny.

I guess at the table, Julia was tapping a bracelet on a little box. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, maddening tapping.

He put his big paw of a hand over hers. She stopped for a few seconds.

Then tap, tap, tap, tap, tap... until he put his hand over hers again.

In a few seconds, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap. He put his hand over hers a third time and said, "Julia. That's a signal."

Apparently, she startled back in her chair and hollered, "Whaddaya mean you're single?!"

I guess my dad shook his head, laughing, and Julia giggled, "I THOUGHT you were married to GRANDMA!"

Just please stop tapping, okay?

Oh, wow. I'm laughing and laughing all over again. I guess my dad thought it was a darn good joke. love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment