Thursday, August 4, 2011

dads at the pool

Okay, I have no idea who these dudes are. They were at the little pool with these kids today.




b.g. thought they were fantastic.


I watched all this for a little while, then said to the girl who supervises the pool, "How very different dads are. I mean, they're fine, but not like mothers."

She laughed, "Definitely NOT."

In a few more minutes the two guys left the fence and stood outside it smoking, watching their kids from there. That kind of cracked me up too.

Kari said, "They're a lot more fun than mothers."

Yeah, I can see this.

This little girl had a good time.









We all had a good time.

After the babies left, we had pizza and I cleaned my desk in this room. Unfortunately most of what left this desk went to my desk in the office. But hey, it's all in one place now, right?

The office is the next stage. Plus I save too many papers. I'll never need a gas bill from 1983. Or a JC Penney bill from 1997. Or those little carbon papers from the checkbook. All these papers are organized and clipped together and stored.

What the hell for?

I have yet to go back and ever look at any of it.

I'm not sure where to start, but I think at this point anywhere would be good.

Maybe I'll throw away the 80s first. I could take it to the cabin and throw it all in the campfire--save myself the time of shredding it.

You know what though? It's Thursday, and tomorrow's Friday and August is looking pretty sweet. Onward to one of the best months of the whole year. love, Val

3 comments:

  1. I've bumped into the shirtless Dad and his two sons at that park a few times. He's a little rough around the edges but seems nice enough. He laughed at my jokes so he past my initial test. But he's no toothless piano playing soap salesman though.....Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, lol, true. love, Mom

    ReplyDelete