Friday, August 19, 2011

friday, yes

p.j. and aunt maria

The whole day was about yes.

p.j. and I went back to bed after she arrived. Within ten minutes she was asleep, and in twelve minutes so was I.

We slept until ten.

Julia was there at eight, poking me in the shoulder, asking when we were going to the park?


"Later. We are sleeping."

At nine, there she was again.

"Julia. We are asleep. We have all day to go to the park. Don't bug us again."

Well, finally at ten I got up and p.j. woke up at 10:30. She wakes up slowly, much groaning and stretching, and I crawled back into the bed and said, "Good morning, Sweetheart."

First time she's done this--she squinted at me, then reached up her arms to hug me around the neck.

Oh, you baby, you.


Then we did get dressed. Sandwiches were made. We went to the park. Alicia called and met us there with b.g. and it was gorgeous at the park, perfect lawn, spraying fountain, cool breeze, hot sun.



There were these kids though, who wanted to pummel Tim. He complained about them a bit, and then I went and sat on the retaining wall to observe.

I'd seen them sock him and hang onto his ankles while he was trying to crawl through the tubes. They were younger and smaller, and if Tim did anything back to them, he'd be the problem.

So I watched.

One of them took a running start, while Tim wasn't looking, and punched him in the stomach with two fists. In my exorcist voice I said, "NO HITTING!" The kid looked at me and I said again, "DO NOT HIT."

He was adorable and blonde, in a royal blue t-shirt. He crawled behind the equipment and peeked at me as though I was scary.

Good Lor-ed. That was the end of the hitting and all trouble.












Here they are with b.g. They were a long time at this spot, looking at little fish and snails.






Look at that grin.


Anyway, this was a gorgeous August day, and after Jay came home, he fetched pizza for the kids and friends here, and he and I went out for dinner. But first we were accidentally dressed alike, orange shirts and greenish khaki shorts. Okay, that's weird.

We're not going as twins. He offered to change, but I did instead, to a pair of black capri pants, patent leather flats, and a pink sleeveless blouse. (Let's see him twin me on that outfit.)

Here are some pictures of the volcano they made in the sandbox, and the costumes they made from a package.








Onward to Saturday. love, Val

1 comment:

  1. p.j. in the swing is way too cute! Those chubby little arms must have melted your heart! I have certainly exorcised my share of mean kids from the playground, too! And you're right, twins-ing is weird, and yet it makes me laugh when it happens!

    ReplyDelete